Venison Stew Made Easy | The Petromax Recipe
With this stew also the poorest eaters will make an exception as the main ingredient is fresh venison. Due to the savoury cooked meat with the typical venison taste the stew receives a very special aroma. In this recipe we show you how to easily prepare a gourmet venison stew in the Dutch Oven.
1. Cut venison into large pieces and sear in Dutch Oven then put aside.
2. Dice the carrots, celery and potatoes and boil in vegetable stock.
3. Cut bell peppers and mushrooms and add to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add venison pieces to the Dutch Oven once again and let everything cook for about 2 hours with lid closed.
5. When cooking over the open fire we recommend you place 6 briquettes on the Dutch Oven lid.
6. Serve with a slice of fresh bread.
- 300 g venison
- 2 potatoes
- 50 g celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 100 g mushrooms
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
|Number of persons:||2 People|
|Briquettes on top:||6|
|Number of briquettes:||6|
|Preparation Time:||45 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||120 minutes|