African Sweet Potato Stew | The Petromax Recipe
For quite some time now sweet potatoes are no longer a temporary phenomenon and offer an excellent as well as healthier alternative to normal potatoes. With our Sweet Potato Stew you impart an oriental flavour to the colourful vegetable. We show you how you can easily prepare the Sweet Potato Stew African Style in the Dutch Oven.
1. Peel and slice the onions, peel and dice garlic. Slice the chili pod, grind spices in a mortar and chop the fresh coriander.
2. Heat up peanut oil in the Dutch Oven (7 briquettes underneath the pot) and add onion, garlic, chili and meat. Roast the meat briefly.
3. Add spices, tomatoes, coriander and peanut butter and deglaze with vegetable stock.
4. While the stew simmers now for 3 hours with 7 briquettes underneath and 8 briquettes on top, wash and dice the unpeeled sweet potatoes.
5. Add the sweet potato dices towards the end of the cooking time and let cook for another 45 minutes.
6. Serve with fresh coriander.
- 0.5 kg beef goulash
- 1 onion (large)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chili pod
- 250 ml tomatoes (strained)
- 50 g peanut butter
- 0.5 L vegetable stock
- 150 g sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- pepper, salt, cumin, baharat, mint, coriander, sumac, dukka
- 1 hand full fresh coriander
|Number of briquettes:||15|
|Briquettes on top:||8|
|Number of persons:||4 People|
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||225 minutes|