Bake stick bread with stick bread skewers on the campfire - Simple stick bread recipe with bacon and garlic
Discover the perfect addition to your next campfire: stick bread with bacon and garlic. The combination of crispy bacon and aromatic garlic adds a delicious touch to traditional stick bread. With the Petromax stick bread skewer, this hearty version of the popular classic is now even easier to make.
For the dough:
- 250 g wheat flour type 550
- 250 g wheat flour type 1050
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 20 g soft butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 300 ml lukewarm milk
For the filling:
- 125 g bacon
- 1 large onion
- 125 g grated cheese
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and knead vigorously.
- Form the dough into a ball, cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Finely dice the bacon and onion and knead into the risen dough together with the cheese.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces and roll each piece with floured hands to about 60 cm long.
- Wrap a dough snake on the stick bread skewer and let it rise for another 10 minutes.
- Bake the bread on the campfire for approx. 10 min. depending on the heat, turning constantly.
|Number of persons:||4 People|