Easy Potato Rösti | The Petromax Recipe
The aroma of freshly grated and roasted potatoes wakes childhood memories. We already knew back then that the simple things are often the best. This is why today this dish is still globally popular in home kitchens as well as in exquisite ones: The Potato Rösti. Whether sweet or savoury, the Potato Rösti has not lost any of its popularity. In this recipe we show you how you can quickly and easily make Potato Rösti yourself with the Petromax Wrought-Iron Pan.
1. Peel and grate the potatoes and squeeze out surplus water with a clean cloth into a bowl.
2. Let the collected water stand for 5 minutes and pour out carefully until only the starch remains on the bottom of the bowl.
3. Add the grated potato, the egg, caraway seeds, the extra starch, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Heat up clarified butter in the wrought-iron pan and add the batter until about 2 cm thick.
5. Let roast for 5-6 minutes, flip carefully and let roast for another 5 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve with roast vegetables or meat.
- 800 g potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. starch
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- clarified butter for roasting
|Number of briquettes:||0|
|Briquettes on top:||0|
|Number of persons:||4 People|
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|