Fancy Roast Chicken? | The Petromax Recipe
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and an aroma you just cannot get past: It surely has been a while since you last had a really good roast chicken? With the cast-iron Petromax Poultry Roaster you do not have to wait until you reach the next roast chicken booth, you can easily prepare it at home. In our recipe you find out how your roast chicken will be both: crunchy and juicy.
1. Heat the grill to 180-200 °C indirect heat.
2. Clean the maize chicken and grease with some oil.
3. Apply the seasoning evenly and let the chicken rest.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them along with leek and pumpkin into large pieces.
5. Dissolve the stock in the boiling water and pour some into the indentation of the Poultry Roaster until 2/3 full.
6. Pour the remaining stock into the pan.
7. Place the chicken on top of the Poultry Roaster and spread the vegetables with the thyme around the chicken in the pan.
8. Let cook in the closed grill for 50-60 minutes.
- 1 maize-fed chicken (approx. 1,4 kg)
- roast chicken seasoning mix
- ½ Hokkaido pumpkin
- 6-8 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 tsp. stock
- 250 ml water
|Number of persons:||4 People|
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||60 minutes|