Fresh Mussels a la Bretagne | The Petromax Recipe
In France seafood is caught directly at the beach. You cannot get it any fresher. However, also internationally the sea treats are becoming more popular. This is our favourite recipe for Breton mussels with the typical French character. With this recipe you bring home a piece of France as we show you how you can simply make Mussels a la Bretagne in the Dutch Oven.
1. Heat up butter in the Dutch Oven and roast the bacon.
2. Add shallots and garlic and sauté the shallots until translucent.
3. Deglaze with cider.
4. Cover and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add mussels and let cook for 4 to 8 minutes with closed lid.
6. Stir in between with a spoon.
7. Fold in parsley and crème fraiche and season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve with fresh baguette and a glass of cider.
- 1.5 kg mussels washed and free from byssus threads
- 3 shallots (finely diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and diced)
- 150 g smoked bacon (diced)
- 20 g butter
- 300 ml cider (apple wine)
- 150 g crème fraiche
- 1 bunch leaf parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper (ground)
|Number of persons:||4 People|
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|