Nutella©-Cherry Rolls made easy | The Petromax Recipe
Fluffy cake rolls with Nutella© spread and cherries – those who say no to this will definitely miss out on something tasty. This treat for all can be perfectly prepared in the Dutch Oven. As soon as you lift the lid after baking you will meet the freshly browned rolls and enjoy the delightful aroma – irresistible. In this recipe we show you how to prepare the Nutella©-Cherry Rolls which nobody can say no to.
For the dough:
- 250 g wheat flour
- 1/2 vanilla custard powder
- 1/2 pack dry yeast
- 25g butter
- 150 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp. ©Nutella (or other chocolate spread)
- 1 tbsp. cherry jam
- 1/2 jar cherries
For the icing:
- icing sugar
- lemon juice
1. Mix all ingredients. After kneading allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about an hour. Also place the Dutch Oven there for warming up.
2. As soon as the dough has risen roll into a thin rectangular shape.
3. Now coat the upper part with the slightly fluid chocolate spread.
4. Drain the cherries well and arrange them over the middle in a broad stripe. Spread the jam on the remaining lower part.
5. Now form a roll from the dough. Make sure to grip more tightly in the centre so that the cherries cannot slide away. The roll can then be cut in broad slices. Grease the preheated Dutch Oven and place the slices with the cut surface facing to the bottom of the pot. About 9 slices will fit into the pot.
6.Close the lid and let the dough rise once more for half an hour. Meanwhile, prepare the briquettes and bake for 40 minutes.
7. After baking remove the lid and take the Dutch Oven from the fire. Take out of the pot as soon as the rolls are warm to touch. Prepare some icing and spread over the rolls.
|Number of briquettes:||15|
|Briquettes on top:||11|
|Number of persons:||2 People|
|Level of difficulty:||Medium|