Roman Bread simply made | The Petromax Recipe
Bread done differently! Baking bread is an artform for itself. Those who could not take much pleasure in baking before might make an exception because this bread is different. It is more like pizza bread and can be prepared easily. In this recipe we show you how you successfully make Roman bread in the Dutch Oven.
For the dough:
- 400 g wheat flour Typ 550
- 100 g rye flour
- 300 mL water
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
For the topping:
- 400 g sour cream
- 1 handful fresh herbs
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper
- 250 g ham (diced)
1. Knead all ingredients into a dough and cover. Let rise for about 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile prepare the topping by mixing all ingredients. The ham is added later.
3. Roll out the dough into as rectangle on a floured surface into a rectangle of about 0.2 to 0.3 inches thickness.
4. Spread the topping and leave a space of approximately 1 inch on the long side.
5. Sprinkle the ham dice onto the topping.
6. Roll up the bread from the long side towards the space without topping.
7. Shape the bread into a loose roll and place inside the Dutch Oven, lined with baking paper.
|Number of briquettes:||29|
|Briquettes on top:||19|
|Number of persons:||6 People|
|Level of difficulty:||Medium|